Loyola-Chicago’s Cameron Krutwig highlights Missouri Valley Conference postseason awards honours for 2020-21 season.
The MVC announced their postseason awards following a challenging 2020-21 season of college hoops.
Loyola-Chicago senior Cameron Krutwig has been named the MVC Larry Bird Player of the Year following a season where he led the Ramblers to a conference title with a 21-4 record. The 6-foot-9 center recently became the only player in school history to rank in the program’s top 10 in scoring, rebounding and assists.
First Team All-MVC:
- Tyreke Key, Indiana State Sr. G 6-3 Celina (Tenn.)
- Cameron Krutwig, Loyola Sr. C 6-9 Algonquin (Ill.
- Isiaih Mosley, Missouri State So. G 6-5 Columbia (Mo.)
- Roman Penn, Drake Jr. G 6-0 Calumet City (Ill.)
- Gaige Prim, Missouri State Sr. F 6-8 Aurora (Colo.)
Second Team All-MVC:
- Elijah Childs, Bradley Sr. F 6-8 Kansas City (Mo.)
- Shamar Givance, Evansville Jr. G 5-10 Toronto (Ontario)
- ShanQuan Hemphill, Drake Sr. F 6-6 Gary (Ind.)
- Jake LaRavia, Indiana St. So. F 6-9 Indianapolis (Ind.)
- Lucas Williamson, Loyola Sr. G 6-4 Chicago (Ill.)
Other notable awards for the 2020-21 season:
- Newcomer of the Year: ShanQuan Hemphill, Drake
- Freshman of the Year: Bowen Born, UNI
- Defensive MVP: Lucas Williamson, Loyola-Chicago
- Sixth Man of the Year: Joseph Yesufu, Drake